Welcome to NATSIPA
National Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islander Postgraduate Association
NATSIPA is a national network of Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander postgraduate students and non-Indigenous student supporters. Our goal is to ensure that Indigenous-Australians can access postgraduate education in a fair and equitable manner. We do this by working towards better support, greater funding, and improved opportunities for Indigenous- Australians in higher education.
NATSIPA’s activities include:
- Providing a national Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander student voice to Federal and State Governments.
- Providing opportunities for Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander postgraduate students to link-up, support each other, and share ideas.
- Advising universities on how to best support Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander students.
- Disseminating information to NIPAAC members, such as scholarship offers, upcoming events and relevant news.
- Assisting Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander students if they are experiencing problems at university
- Advise CAPA on all Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander protocols and issues.
Acknowledgement of Country and Elders
NATSIPA acknowledges the peoples who are the traditional custodians of the Australia and the Torres Strait Islands, we respect their spiritual relationship with their country, and that their cultural and heritage beliefs are still important to the living peoples today. We also pay respect to the cultural authority of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples of Australia and pay respect to their Elders past, and present.