To ensure that Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Australians can access postgraduate education in a fair and equitable manner. This is achieved by valuing Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders diverse cultures and histories, supporting their control over their own and their family’s education. NATSIPA will strive to create a comprehensive program to increase public awareness and commitment to partnerships that restore and retain Indigenous spirituality, cultures and languages, social systems, economic systems and self-determination.
To also provide strategic advice to the Australian Government that:
- Is focused on achieving equal educational outcomes for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Australians;
- Supports the partnership that drives the achievement of commitments made to close the gap on Indigenous disadvantage;
- Is focused on promoting accountabilities;
- Promotes excellence and innovation;
- Is proactive and strategic;
- Is given with honesty, respect and integrity.