NATSIPA is a national network of Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander postgraduate students and non-Indigenous student supporters. Our goal is to ensure that Indigenous-Australians can access postgraduate education in a fair and equitable manner. We do this by working towards better support, greater funding, and improved opportunities for Indigenous- Australians in higher education.
NATSIPA’s activities include:
- Providing a national Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander student voice to Federal and State Governments.
- Providing opportunities for Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander postgraduate students to link-up, support each other, and share ideas.
- Advising universities on how to best support Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander students.
- Disseminating information to NATSIPA members, such as scholarship offers, upcoming events and relevant news.
- Assisting Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander students if they are experiencing problems at university.
If you are keen to be part of a broader community of Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander students that is involved in improving the educational experiences of Indigenous-Australians, we’d love to hear from you.